Saturday, December 20, 2014

December Traditions | Gingerbread House & Pinterest

I've got a couple more additions to my December traditions album. My book is moving  right along!

Lauren's Sweet Creations | Gingerbread House journaling reads:
Lauren was excited to make ginger- bread houses in her German class today. She teamed up with her friends Madison Swanson, Emily Frazier and Emma Swanson. Isn't the house and winter scene they made adorable? I wish she could have taken it home! Lauren was in charge of making the Christmas trees (she frosted ice cream cones). Didn’t they turn out pretty?! I love the added touch of powdered sugar and coconut snow!


Pinteresting journaling reads:
Pinterest is an awesome source of inspiration for Christmas ideas (and all year long). * A “PIN” inspired me to browse through old family photos and use them as gift tags. Looking at the wrapped gifts under our tree this year is like looking at an old family photo album. It’s so awesome! * A couple years ago a PIN inspired me to create a book every year with all the Christmas cards we get. Too bad I saw the idea DAYS after I threw out years of Christmas cards. Ugh! * A PIN inspired me to snap photos of people from their Christmas cards to use as contact photos on my iPhone. * I showed Scott the PIN of a photo of a family on their devices as an idea for a Christmas card. I didn’t end up using the idea, but my friend Ann Marie did! * And, of course Lauren and I frequently use recipes we find on Pinterest. * Who knows what else we’ll come up with before the season is over! It’s fun, fun stuff!

Here's a little FYI for you. I discovered and started pinning on Pinterest shortly after it was launched in 2010. I later introduced Pinterest to my nieces (who had never heard of it before) and now they’re completely hooked too. I’m going to call myself the cool aunt. Wink. Wink. lol!




Credits for Gingerbread House page:
Merriment and Peppermint Winter by Mye De Leon
Santa's Bake Shop by Misty Cato
borders by Samantha Walker
Bakers Twine by Splendid Fiin
Ornaments Collection No. 1 by Katie Pertiet

Credits for Pinterest page:
Merriment and Peppermint Winter by Mye De Leon
(border) Al Fresco Elements by Nancie Rowe Janitz
Glitter Gloss Styles by Karla Dudley Design
stitching from Hello by Creashens

No comments:

Post a Comment